Monday, November 10, 2014

Damnation, cucumbers, and baldness, my first week as a missionary

 GOoooood Moooornning Neverland!!! (Good morning Sister Coleman!!!!)
(name that movie Andrew!!)

Well I'm am absolutely fantastic. Like seriously. I'm so great. (In a
status way not a prideful way). ;) thank you all for the sweet
dearelder letters and cards :) Ms. Sue you are amazing. :)

1. I really love the mtc. It's hard work but it's good. My companion
is Sister Steenson from Walnut creek California and the other sisters
in my district are Sister Muavae from Sydney Australia, and Sister
Hamilton from Cisco Texas. Sister Hamilton is leaving tomorrow for her
mission in Fortworth Texas tomorrow so then sis. S. Sis m. And I will
be a trio.

2. I have an iPad! I am in the first group of missionaries to have
iPads at the mtc. They didn't tell us really what to do with them they
just gave them to us and said "have at it!" So we basically use them
for the gospel library app and taking pictures

3. I have been assigned as a Sister Training Leader which means I'm
basically in charge of "awkward Wednesday" (...oakcresties I have
named it thus in your honor) for all the new sisters in my district.
So basically I'm their mama while we're here and I help them adjust
and not be homesick. Speaking of which, I love you all but, I'm
actually not feeling homesick. :)

4.  I know what it means to be damned. I have usually never thought
about damnation because it's a downer but I totally get it now and my
mind is blown. When the scriptures talk about being "damned" they
literally mean like a beaver dam. What does a beaver dam do? It stops
the water from moving down stream or progressing. This is the same
with us. If we are not doing the things we need to do (ex. Be
baptized, repent, keep the commandments, etc.) we are spiritually
damned or in other words we are spiritually stopped from progressing
until we act to remove the "dam" in our lives. So there you go.

5. Never pray for patience.
Ever.
Unless you want your prayers answered by being tested.

6. My visa hasn't arrived. My name has been submitted for a temporary
assignment. Please please please pray that my visa will come quickly.
Momma check my old email address for emails from the uk bureau please.

7. I received a note from the mailing room letting me know I had a
package waiting. My first thought "MY VISA IS HERE!" So happy so
joyful. Mailroom was closed all weekend. Finally get to the mailroom
this morning and my package was a box with a cucumber, carrots, orange
marmalade, knives, green apples, and Oreos. Thanks mama. It made me
laugh:). And there aren't any cucumbers here so I'm grateful for the
one you sent. Did I mention that I'm super stressed that my visa isn't
here yet? The struggle is real.

8. Sister Steensen and I got to do an endowment session today and it
was wonderful. 

9. Sister Muavae is "owesome" I love her "heaps". She has a totally
legit Australian accent. She also speaks Samoan ( Soa means
companion). I was brushing my hair last night after we had turned off
the light and sister m started freaking out "sister Coleman! Sister
Coleman! Are you brushing your hair in the dark?!" Me, "yes..." Sis m,
"you should stop its superstition that if you brush your hair in the
dark that your hair will all fall out!" So I stopped brushing, but if
you get a picture of me bald don't be surprised ;).

10. Tender mercies of the Provo mtc; so I was called to the England
mtc right? I was slightly sad about not going there but being at Provo
is a tender mercy. I have run into SOOO many high school, elementary
school, middle school, and BYU friends. Would not have happened in
England. Boom. Tender mercy.

11. One of the counsellors in my branch presidency (who I work with
all the time) is the dean of BYU college of life sciences. Totally had
a bear denning conversation with him. It was owesome. ;)

12. I'm teaching investigators (my teachers role playing but it's
totally legitimate) and it's so cool and amazing and hard but
important and I'm learning so much.

13. Sister oscarson taught relief society yesterday (YW General
president. So awesome.) pilgrim song was the opening number to music
and the spoken word and I totally cried.

I love you all! Please pray for me to have courage to accept the
Lord's will and that my visa will come this week.

Love,
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik