Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sometimes I get locked in a strangers toilet.

Hiya!
So this week was so crazy! It was soooo windy. Every day we would go outside I would say to Sister Wai, "Happy Wind-sday!". I ended up having to wear the same straight skirt and my hair tied back all week cause the wind was so bad haha! 
Funny story:
We were on our way to see our investigator V when Sister Wai told me she really needed a toilet!  Our investigator didn't answer the door and I thought 'oh no. what am I going to do if she wets her pants?' so I started knocking. Door after door. nobody is home. Finally one man answers but he just pulled his bathroom apart! he recommended another house . We knocked on the door and a Romanian man answered with his two little boys. He let Sister Wai use the toilet and then me thinking I would take advantage of the accessability of such a nice bathroom decided to go too. I walk in and locked the door just as I heard him yell up the stairs; "don't lock the---door." Yup. I locked myself into a strangers bathroom. At least I wasn't the first one to do so. Two others had done it before me. I just started laughing. it was just ridiculous. He told me to take the pins out of the hinges. I got one out but the top wouldn't budge. he kept asking me in his thick accent, "Miss have you managed?" me: "Nope! I guess you'll have an american girl in your bathroom forever." I tried everything and I just couldn't get the pin out. Finally he said, 'I will just have to break the door'. Oh Boy. I imagined axes and kicking the door down of this poor man's bathroom. He had been so nice to let us strangers use his toilet. But in the end he just broke the handle on the door. We promised to bring him cookies. Hopefully when we go back we can teach him the gospel. He will have the best conversion story EVER! 
:)
We also made sugar cookies WITH FROSTING! They weren't pink but they were still good. We cut them out as missionary ninjas! 
We watched the Saturday morning session and the Sunday morning sessions live of General Conference. (at 5:00pm) So we saw them at the same time as all of you at home ! 
I watched the Saturday one at a member's home (she fed us a proper english meal..SO good) and the rest of the sessions at the chapel (missionaries with an investigator). I loved Elder Bednar's talk. so so good. :)
An investigator went to harry potter studios and bought me a chocolate wand! Pictures to come! 
I love you!
Sis. Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik