Tuesday, November 17, 2015

But not this day.

Hiya!
This week was a tracting kind of week.
We saw M--and a lady named F--. Had some spirit filled lessons
with them.

The Relief Society President is the head of a charity called 'I have a
voice too.' which is for adults with learning disabilities and speech
impediments. They preformed 'Treasure Island' on Saturday at the
chapel. We went and helped with costumes and serving food. It was
really beautiful how Sister Hands works with them. The show was great!

M-- really needs prayers. He has an infection from his surgery
cut. Which is no good. Please pray for recovery and healing. Please
pray that he will have comfort and peace and know Heavenly Father is
watching over him. Please pray that when we watch the Joseph Smith
film with him that the Holy Ghost will bear witness to his heart that
Joseph was a prophet.

I studied a lot about faith and repentance this week. They are the
lock and key to accessing the Saviour's atonement. I also have been
reading about the armour of God. Faith is the shield. 'How to train
your Dragon' taught me that when faced with a choice of sword or
shield, always go for the shield. As I continue to come across people
that mock what we believe and try to tear down my testimony, a shield
always works better than a sword. I am trying to repair my shield and
shine it up from the abuse it has received lately, haha. The best cure
for that is good ole' prayer and scripture study. especially the Book
of Mormon.

There was a Leadership council in England on Saturday for mission
presidents, stake presidents and bishops in the Birmingham and London
missions. Elder Ballard was there. He talked about the recent events
in Paris and said we should not be surprised. He also said that we are
literally at war with Satan. 'If it was a war of bullets, we would be
flattened by now.' We need to work harder, smarter, faster, and
better.
Personally, I feel pretty flattened. I feel pretty beat. But would it
be a good story if there weren't a triumphant rally? a counter-attack?
Harry had to DIE before he could defeat Voldemort. Dumbledore's army
had taken a cruel beating and they were just about defeated when they
decided they would not give up they would not give in and they would
try again.
My roommate at BYU made me watch all of the Lord of the Rings films
and I recall a certain battle scene where they think they are going to
die and they say , 'there will come a day when men's hearts shall fail
them, and so on... BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY.'

Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
against the wiles of the devil.

 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of
this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be
able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and
having on the breastplate of righteousness;

 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able
to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God:

 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and
watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all
saints;

 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open
my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak
boldly, as I ought to speak.

There may come a day where I literally fall over and decide I am not
ever EVER getting back up, but it is not this day!!!! Please pray for me.
Please pray for me to have courage, and be obedient, and diligent, and
to have faith in the Lord's promises. Please pray for the Aylesbury
ward that the members will have ideas of people who we can teach, or
where we can go to find people who are prepared. Please pray that the
hearts of the people here will be softened. Please pray for me to be
content in the service that I give, and look positively for ways to
improve. Please pray for me to be courageous and full of faith and
charity and hope with an eye single to the glory of God.  And my eye
riveted upon the Saviour and not upon the waves and the winds
boistrous.
I love you all. I pray for you!
love,
Sister Coleman

We tracted a lot this week. I read a quote somewhere that said, 'for every door we knock on, someone gets baptised in Mexico.' which I suppose is true haha.
Adios! I love you! Have a great week! :)

I love you.


Photo Credit James Neeley 
Photo credit James Neeley


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik