Monday, October 5, 2015

She choked. I received answers and developing Faith......again : ).

Hiya!
So remember when V- came to church last week and we thought she was feeling the spirit and crying? Well it was because she choked on the Sacrament water. She isnt interested in knowing if God is real.
We had a great lesson with Malcolm and the Richardsons this week. The spirit was so strong as we taught about the Plan of Salvation and eternal marriage. He says that everything we teach him he agrees with, and it teaches him a bit more. He still isnt sure about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith but he is praying about it. He was coming to conference but his care giver got sick and couldn't help him come to church.  His wife doesn't like us over when she is home so we couldn't watch it with him there. #oppositionisreal 
Hopefully, we will watch it with him later this week :) 

I loved conference! I really felt the spirit and I didn't want it to end. One of the questions I had in mind was, 'What do I need to change?' Elder Larry Lawerence perfectly answered that question, and taught me how to recieve an answer. I prayed like he instructed and really felt impressed by two things I needed to change. I kept asking what else, and received more until I felt, 'ask again tomorrow'. I jotted down my impressions. The next day I prayed again during personal study and felt impressed by two more things. I have some new goals of who I need to be, and am developing plans to accomplish them. I truly believe that if I successfully change these things it will change my life. They are things I have struggled with my whole life that I never fully faced and they have been the source of most of the things I have done in my life that I regret. With the Saviour by my side, I know that I can conquer them. :) 

I really hope next week will be better. Lately, we will find someone, set an appointment, get a member arranged, and then 5 minutes before they will text us and cancel the appointment. Or, if we do get the first appointment, we never get a second one. We are trying to be more faithful and depend on the Lord. Works without faith is dead. We are praying for miracles, that we will find someone that is yearning for the truths we have to share.
I love my companion :). She helps me so much not to be discouraged. And she makes me laugh a lot. We have fun together :) She is helping me to be more Christlike. 

I love you. I love your emails and pictures and the little tid bits you send me. I love that Abby has a crush on Elder Bednar. I still haven't watched Sunday afternoon session. We are going to watch it today and order pizza and listen to Christmas music and make Halloween decorations. 
It is so cool for me to think that we watch conference at the same time. It makes me happy :)
Did you see the world report of Elder Holland in London? That was the day before our conference with him. It was also weird hearing him speak and thinking; I've shook hands with him and talked with him more recently than I have my parents'. What a strange world we live in :) 

I cried over President Monson. I was so so stressed for him. I was sure he was going to fall. I just prayed and prayed for him. It made me very sad. It also made me think of King Benjamin:
'For even at this time, my whole frame doth tremble exceedingly while attempting to speak unto you; but the Lord God doth support me, and hath suffered me that I should speak unto you' Mosiah 2:30 
I love him so much. I hope his days are peaceful and not pain filled.
Thank you for the story of Elder Renlund. I remember that day. I remember him coming to our home. . 


Questions from Mummy:
Do people in England call diapers 'nappies'?  When you went to the baby shower in your ward?  
Yes. They are nappies. underwear is pants, panties, or knickers. 
and binky is a dumbie. 

Are police men/women called 'inspector'?
Do you ever hear people say 'ergo'?  It means therefore. 
I dont know that. and I haven't heard it/or noticed it.  

Do people say ' Do the dishes.' or something else like ' wash up'?
They say wash up. They also don't say 'done' but finished or cancel .
Do you ever hear ' Bob's your uncle?'  I really want to know.
 I haven't heard that one in real life :)

I LOVE YOU ALL! 
This little girl in Leighton Buzzard appreciates every prayer and thought! 
love, 
Sister Coleman


Pumpkin smoothie ingredients
Watford Zone 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik