Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My friend Peter

Hiya!!
Our qi Gong friend V came to church! Yay! first time in  5 weeks that we have had someone at sacrament meeting. She cried when the sacrament was passed. She has never been to a church before.
We ran into our friend Malcolm at M&S! We popped in there to get M&S cookies (they have the best ones) and ran into Malcolm! He invited us to come see him later that day and through a series of miracles, we were able to bring a member with us. We shared D&C 121 with him and invited him to watch conference with us. He still has medical things going on that just make me want to weep for him. He is a true disciple of Jesus Christ. 
We went to the Norton's dinner and I managed to spill squash on the carpet, then dip my hair in it and put chutney in there as well to make my hair look reeeeaal nice. haha It was quite funny. :)

We helped our friend Jo Potts move house this week and have been painting for her and such. I love it.

We found £5 mexican Mondays! at a pub in town! woohoo! SO GOOD. Sister Phillips and I also created a fajita creation that makes my mouth water. so so good!  Maybe a good Christmas gift would be guacamole packets...;)
We had interviews with President Stevens in Hyde Park. It was really good. We read a talk about Peter. He is me. (well kind of). I use to really judge Peter. When he walked on water and then fell I would think, 'Come on Peter! have more faith.' When Peter fell asleep in the Garden of Gethsemane I thought, 'Come on Peter! you could have stayed awake.' When Peter denied Christ I thought, 'Come on Peter! how could you? I would never have done that.'
But I have discovered that I am Peter. That Peter was a rather bold, loving disciple, that sometimes let fear overtake him. That sometimes he overestimated his abilities. That he had the best of intentions to help and to serve, and to 'be the rock' and he just wasn't quite there yet. He accepted being rebuked by the Master and was humble. The Saviour patiently taught him and helped him to change. Through experiences, Peter was able to become fully converted. He was changed line upon line and precept on precept. He gained a witness from the Holy Ghost that Jesus was the Son of God. His conversion and testimony were sealed when he saw the living, resurrected Christ. After that he was changed. He no longer let fear or pride rule him.
I am a sister missionary who has the greatest of intentions of serving the Saviour. Sometimes (often times) I overestimate my abilities. I think I can do more and be better. Other times, I am confronted by 'the waves and the winds boistrous' and I begin to sink. Or I fear to open my mouth or I am not as bold about declaring who I am and who I represent as I should be. Sometimes I become slothful or fall asleep. I am striving to overcome these things by gaining for myself a personal testimony and witness from the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Son of God. I know the Saviour patiently teaches me line upon line and precept upon precept. I pray to develop patience for myself. 
Sometimes he needs to correct me. But that does not mean he does not love me. He never stopped loving Peter. He just had to keep reminding him to 'feed my sheep, feed my lambs.'
When Jesus of Nazareth first met Peter, his name was actually Simon. He told Simon the fisherman that one day he would become Cephas or Peter the Rock. If he could become a 'rock' or the foundation of the Church of Jesus Christ, then I believe that with my willing heart, The Saviour will be able to shape me into something too. maybe one day I can be a rock of testimony too.
I love you all! Thank you for your prayers, I need them.
Love,
Sister Coleman


Chloe sent this and said, " This is London."  Photo credit James Neeley


Heart attacking a door



Painting

Hungry Sister missionaries with an empty fridge.


Watford Zone with Pres. and Sis. Stevens 
Riding in the Lorry with Sis. Potts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik