Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Tripping

Hiya! 

I keep tripping. Like everyday. I actually fell to the pavement a couple days ago. I don't know if it's my shoes or if Im just tired. 

Today I cooked chicken and potatoes and later we are going to pick blackberries (they are EVERYWHERE).I love Sister Obley. She has been out for 3 months. She is so funny. We just have a blast. 




We are teaching 3 really solid people right now:

M- 54, english, has been in a wheelchair his whole life. He was taught by missionaries 10 years ago. He stopped us and asked about the book of mormon. He has a baptismal date at the end of september. He is really ill right now with penemonia. So we haven't been able to teach him. Please pray that he will heal.

B- 20-30s, english, He was the one that defended us from the Sherem/Korihor Guy. He has so many brilliant questions. He is going on holiday soon so we are talking about a baptismal date in October. Please pray he will know the Book of Mormon is true. 

S- 24, English. He is the boyfriend of a recent convert. He believes the church is true but his family doesn't want him to get baptised. We've only taught him one lesson. Please pray we can get an appointment with him. 


I just love this ward. We have been really trying to earn the trust of the members and we were blessed. I wanted to get to know the YWs president and Sis Obley wanted to get to know one of the nursery leaders, and we got to church and they were short on teachers for nursery and YW's so we split and I was able to teach the YW's class and Sis Obley went into nursery! It was a miracle. I just love this ward so so so much. It really is the promised land. 

We had zone conference with President Stevens. It was so so good. We also read a Sacrament talk. I learned that the Holy Ghost is the power that cleanses us. We make the covenant, and perform the ordinance and then we recommit to the covenant and perform the ordinance of the sacrament and the Holy Ghost cleanses us. TA DA! So cool.

We love the rain. We jump in puddles. Life is great.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik