Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Becoming

Hiya!
I learned something about myself this week. It happened when I
took the 'Christ-like Attributes' evaluation. I use to think I had a
Faith problem. So I worked and prayed to try and build my faith. But
then it didn't seem like anything was happening, so I thought 'oh, I
must have a hope problem.' So I worked on hope. But then I discovered
something. I don't have a problem with either of those. I have a
patience problem. Haha.

From Preach My Gospel: 'Patience is the capacity to endure delay,
trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated,
or anxious. It is the ability to do God’s will and accept His timing.
When you are patient, you hold up under pressure and are able to face
adversity calmly and hopefully. Patience is related to hope and
faith--you must wait for the Lord’s promised blessings to be
fulfilled.'

Hahahahaha... Ya. I have a patience problem. But I'm working on it ;).
(It's taking ages hahahahaha).

But I totally do this. Whenever I don't get the perfect answer (when
my perfectionist hermione granger self starts to act up) I start to
feel frustrated and anxious. I allow myself to feel discouraged and I
doubt myself. But if I can just hold on to that faith and hope I
worked so diligently to build, and be patient, I know that I will see
all the promised blessings be fulfilled xx.

This was a great week. We have a couple people who are progressing
towards baptism. I met another Korihor who tried to stop a potential
investigator from talking to us, but TRUTH PREVAILED and the potential
investigator ended up defending us (I feel like it was an alma and
amulek moment). I can't wait to see how this young man ends up for
there to have been SO much opposition to us talking to him.

I just love Sister Obley. We have heaps of fun ;). We saw miracles
here this week. But more importantly, I have noticed a softening in
all of you. In each email, you all have had softening experiences this
week. We are all changing and becoming. Which is crazy because one of
us is in England and two others in Africa and the others in the
U.S.A.. But we are all spiritually growing and changing and it is
amazing to see. Heavenly Father really is teaching our family line
upon line and precept upon precept. I can't wait to meet you all xxx.

Love,
Sister Coleman






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik