Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Courage , Cheerfulness, Resolution

Hiyah!

Quote from the London Tube station during World War II:
"YOUR COURAGE
YOUR CHEERFULNESS
YOUR RESOLUTION
WILL BRING US VICTORY."

Applies pretty well to missionary work doesn't it?
This week has been very unusual. We  had so many meetings and then Sister Griffith got sick so we haven't done a lot of work. Sister G. keeps telling me that its okay and that we were where we were suppose to be. But I still feel guilty. I dont think I have enough faith to make miracles happen so I'm working on it through hard core study of the Book of Mormon and some very intimate prayers. Its hard but good. Also I have been being a total thermometer. When things are good I've been happy when the slightest bad things have happened I've been discouraged. Where is my strength? Where is my courage to be happy even when things in life dont go my way? Why can't I be more like Nephi who had courage to do what was good even when everything was hard? The pioneers that walked thousands of miles, that were starving, and sick, and cold still managed to sing "All is Well" every night before they let themselves sleep.  I have a lot to learn. But I'm grateful that I"m realizing my ignorance so soon so that I can repent (change) and become a faithful person throughout my mission.
Funny story: We were on a bus (per norm) and a university student (big black guy) sat down by Sister Griffith. She, trying to start a conversation with him, complimented the pen that he had stuck in his mouth. He looked at her quizzically and then ignored her the rest of the ride. We got off the bus and I made a comment to Sister Griffith about how the guy she was sitting next to was smoking an E-cigarette. Oh the laughter that followed! She thought his cigarette was a pen!! haha!
We visited a beautiful woman on Tuesday. Her name is Faggs. She is REALLY old. But sooo sassy and with it. She doesn't have legs so she doesnt come to church. but we visit her every week. Bethie ,I just want you to come take care of her every day of your life! She is so wonderful. Faggs has been visited by the missionaries for about 30 years (since she lost her legs) and she has an Atlas that every missionary that has ever visited her has signed, drawn mormon jokes, and written notes to her. The Utah page is CRAZY full. But I signed it:). I got Faggs to tell me a little about her life and her life is a total book. A movie.
She was 9 years old and living in India (even though she is English, because her father owned a trading business) when WWII broke out. So they stayed in india and her brothers fought in the war. She came back to the UK when she was a teenager and lived here for several years. Her brother's best friend started courting her, they would go to dances every weekend and to see "the pictures". Faggs played tennis and walked to church miles away. When her husband Tom was trying to propose, they were at a dance dancing and he kept muttering, "should I do it now or later." (meaning before he graduated school or not). and Faggs the sassmaster that she is, said ,"Well it depends on how much you want it". :) SOOOOOOO CUTE. they got married, started having kids, and then when She was 25 she got Osteosarcoma. They didn't have chemo, only radiation, and she is lucky to have lived. She lost both legs. But she is still so happy. She finds joy in life. and makes me laugh. I love her so much. 
We had Zone Meeting  tuesday morning where I was asked to bear my testimony. I said that I am on a mission because I truly believe there are people that I knew in the Pre-Mortal life that knew they were being born into a family that didnt have the gospel and I knew I was being born with the gospel. And they begged me to find them. To bring the gospel to them. Because we all chose Jesus Christ before this life. I believe that everyone can chose Jesus Christ again.  ------------------------------

Your questions for me.
How do you listen to music?  - We listen to music with this cool electronic thingy that can play music through USB and cd

Please tell me you got a charger for your camera??- Nope. Cant find the right store in Canterbury.

  You get up at what time?  Then?  What do you eat for breakfast?  Did your flat have a blanket? Pillow?  How big is your mailbox?
-Wake up at 6:29am every day. exercise, get dressed, eat breakfast of porridge or cereal (Cherrios mostly), personal study, companion study, and then we are out the door! My flat has pillows and blankets :) Mailbox is just a slot in the door.
I got Nater's letter!! It made me so so so happy! I have been tickling my stuffed animals to see if they too are ticklish but no results yet ;)
How do you get to London for the training?  Bus?  And that big oval/round building with people standing infront of it for a mission picture.  What is that building?
-We get to London via a high speed train. Takes about 50 minutes. I MAY HAVE MADE A STOP AT KINGS CROSS ... :) :) The building is the Royal Albert Hall.

Did the lady record Carol of Joy?  If not its ok.  You can give them my email if someone ever does( to email it to me.
-We did get a recording but its too long to email. I will have to mail you a thumbdrive :)
I love you all! Your emails about your day to day stuff make me so happy! Daddy's emails make me cry but its happy cry  :) Please don't ever stop :)
Cheers!
Sister Coleman
Sister Missionaries with Pres. & Sis. Jordan Royal Albert Hall 

Tuesday we had a mission wide conference (meaning all of the England London Missionaries met at the Hyde Chapel in London) because Elder Cook of the 12 apostles came and spoke! Did you know that Elder Cook and Elder HOLLAND were Missionary companions in the England Mission!!! WHAT!?  Its amazing. I also shook Elder Cooks hand!
He talked about building faith in ourselves so we can build faith in others. And how when we teach, having faith and the Holy Ghost, the people we teach will be able to feel it and build upon it for themselves. Greater faith leads to greater success. Just like the woman with the issue of blood, we have to draw near to Christ with faith in order to see miracles. I know these things are true. :) I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik