Monday, December 15, 2014

White Cliffs of Dover , chicken soup and miracles

Hiya! How are you? How is Christmas coming along? :)

You should all go listen/read Elder Christofferson's talk from the Christmas Devotional 


. IT IS GREAT. One thing he said that really struck me was, "If Jesus needed certain experiences (Atonement), why shouldn't we also need experiences to make us who we are." or something like that. meaning that Christ had to do hard things and so do we. Elder Christofferson says it way better than I. He is the second to last speaker. 

Friday was so great. We went in the morning to help Sister Potter set up the cultural hall for the Ward Christmas Party. This involved drilling holes in the cement to hang wires and drapes. But it was fun! at 11:00 we left because we had an appointment with "Janet". We had no idea who she was. Janet texted us on Thursday saying she wanted us to come see her. What the what? We couldnt figure out who she was and how she had our number. Sister G had at some point copied her information into her planner, but we had no memory of meeting her and couldn't find her info in the area book. We went to meet her not knowing what to expect. We got to her house, and Janet gave us Christmas gifts, baked goods, and tells us that she wants to come to church. WHAT!? Apparently the sisters a couple months ago really helped Janet through some hard times and Janet remembers how good she felt when they taught her the gospel. So Janet is awesome. We had planned to visit with her for an hour but we only talked for a few minutes. Our back up plan was to go visit our investigator Jackie (It was so tempting to forget the back up plan and go to the library to email something for the Zone Leaders, but I decided to test out that our back up plan was just as meant to be as our original plan) so we called Jackie (she didn't answer) and we decided to go see if she was there. And she was! We were able to visit with her and give her a short lesson.  Heavenly Father was in charge of us :).

We went to the White Cliffs of Dover on Monday. They are white because they are made of chalk! They look out over the English channel which is 22 miles wide. We could see France! We hiked around and took pictures, it was so so fun.



So, once upon a time Sister Griffith was sick. We asked the elders to bring us a can of chicken noodle soup that I could cook for her. They brought us a raw chicken leg, a couple of carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and salt wrapped in tin foil. SO FUNNY and rather sweet haha. So, I cooked chicken soup for the first time in my life and wrestled with a raw chicken leg. It was great :)
Thank you thank you for the Forgotten Carols!! They bring me so much joy! And thanks for the camera charger! What a blessing in my life! The camera cord didn't fit in the camera, but I have sent some pics from Sis. G's camera :).
 We met with Faggs again this week and I found out that her leg stump's name is Borris. And when she goes to the Doctor they say, "Oh here comes Borris!" hahaha Most epic leg ever! I love Faggs so so much. Some of my Christmas plans have changed, but on Christmas Eve I am helping a member put up kitchen tiles, then going to see Faggs, then Hanging out with the Relief Society President and going caroling to her neighbors! On Christmas day I am going to the Potters! YAY! and then to a part member family.  On Boxing Day we are going shopping and then to Sister Scotts.
What time do you want me to face time you on Christmas?

I haven't gotten the white envelope. Was it to the mission home or my flat?
I for reals am going to get fat. I am addicted to the chocolate. its so bad. It's a problem.

I'm so happy. I love being a missionary. I love Christmas. I love you all! 

love, 
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik