Monday, October 26, 2015

He is Hope

Hiya! 
🎼And at LAST I see the Light! 🎶and its like the fog has lifted! and at Last, I see the light! everything seems new, and the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything is different, now that I see You! 🎵
🎼🎶Ten weeks we've been rusting! needing so much more than dusting! needing exercise, a chance to use our skillzz! Most days we just lay around the castle, grumpy fat and lazy, you walked in and opsie-daisy! .....🎹🎵🎶Please Be Ooooooour Guest!
😊
This Saturday there was a ward Hoedown with a live band. We tried our best to help serve as much as possible with the food and everything. The Bishop and his wife are amazing. They work so so hard. And are always serving. It was a lot of fun.
We taught a lesson!! Her name is T-.  We actually found her last transfer but never got to meet with her (appointments always fell through) but we FINALLY got to meet with her on Sunday. We taught her about Heavenly Father and prayer. She really loved the idea that there is someone always watching out for her. And she wants to come to church. YAY!
We taught another lesson to 3 cousins. We realised we are pretty rusty teachers after that. So we practised and discussed and then we were ready to teach T-.
I went on an exchange with Sister Pan! my friend! I was really excited to have an exchange with her. (we are in the same MTC  group and we have served around each other frequently). She gave me a lot of really good advice. She helped me restore my faith in the work. She told me that I was doing all of the things that I was suppose to be doing, I just didn't have the faith that anything would work, and my attitude was really sad and negative. So that's what I've been focusing on fixing. She also taught me to ask myself when appointments fall through, 'who here am I meant to help?' Find the reason the appointment fell through. Maybe Heavenly Father has someone else there that I need to teach. 

In my prayers, I have been asking Heavenly Father to help me to be happy no matter what happens. 'Even if all of our appointments fall through, please help me to be happy today.' And He has. Nothing has really changed in our area. The appointments still fall through almost every day, but I am trying to be happy anyways and I am seeing the miracles more. T- is a miracle and so are the cousins. Who knows what else will happen with them but at least for that hour I was with them they were hearing the truth and feeling the spirit.
Have I told you about my friend Helena? I don't think I have. 
Helena is a recent convert from last year. She is solid in her testimony.I love her so much. I want to keep her with me always! 

One of my favourite scriptures is Matthew 6. The 'Consider the Lilies' scripture. I read it first at a time where I was stressed about payments for school and stuff and it spoke peace to my soul , 'For the Lord thy God knoweth that ye have need of all these things, but seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.' I re read it and it has a JST! It actually says, 'seek ye first to BUILD UP the kingdom of God and to ESTABLISH his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow for the morrow will take thought of itself, sufficent unto the day is the evil thereof.' its a MISSIONARY scripture. It really spoke to me about not worrying, its all in His hands. 
Also, I have been studying about 'being cleansed from Sin' and I learned that 'being cleansed from sin' is being healed spiritually. I found all of these scriptures that healing is connected to forgiveness. That he heals us. 'repent and Come unto me that I may heal you.' -3 Nephi 10. That he HEALS us. and then we recieve a REMISSION of our sins. 
Remission means:
  1. the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty.
  2. a temporary diminution of the severity of disease or pain.
It immediately made me think of cancer.  Remission.  That sin is the cancer of our souls. The church is the Hospital and the Saviour is the Healer. It is a hospital for sinners. If we will come unto him he will heal us. Each person has different treatments. different cures. there is no all around cure for every individual. Some are 'healed' through rescue and fixing. Others are healed through trial and challenge. But, each results in the healing and peace of our Souls through Jesus Christ. These past few weeks I've been learning that my personal healing is not how I expected it to be. It is catered to transform me. To remove the bad, implant the good, save the pure parts and purify the rest. Each of us has our own Chemo for the Soul. My treatment is not near to finished. I hope and pray that I can 'Go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded. For I know He giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.' Sometimes 'do' isn't baptise. Sometimes 'do' is endure. and all that the Physician asks of us is to 'cheerfully DO all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.' -D&C 123:17

I love you! Thank you for sharing my burdens and comforting me and praying for me and helping me when I have been truly so so low. You are the wind beneath my wings!! I love you!!
Love, 
Sister Coleman

Sis. Coleman and Sis. Pan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik