Monday, November 30, 2015

Romcrest

Hiya!
Ya alrigh?
So, my new companion is Sister Katrňáková from the Czech Republic
(pronounced, kaw- terrrrr- nyah-covah) :) it is really fun to say :).
She is so great. We have been out the same amount of time which is
nice because we share the responsibility of senior companion.
I love her already and we are going to have a great transfer.
We don't really have anyone here to teach so we have been finding all
week. We called a lady from the area book and she met with us and came
to church! Yay! Her name is A--. She is from Nigeria. She is a cake
decorator and has lots of grandkids. We are excited to teach her.:)

The ward here is so great! They are very loving and welcoming. It is
quite small though because lots of members have moved out of the area.
We are the Young Women's presidency of 4 young women, and we are
missing a ward mission leader. The Bishop is fantastic :).

I am taking a lot of the things I learned in Aylesbury from the ward
mission leader and applying them here. I'm trying to organise a
correlation meeting  with the Bishop or his counsellor on a weekly basis. We have a carol concert coming up and I'm getting the elders to come sing
in town centre with us to promote it and hand out flyers. I'm going to
sing one of the Forgotten Carols.

One of my favourite families here are the Parks. Sister Park has  4 children. One of her sons, James, (24 yrs) had cancer when he
was 3 and is paralysed. The Walls back In Aylesbury visit James when
he is in hospital because the Stoke Mandeville Hospital is in
Aylesbury. The youngest is Aimee who is 17. She loves to sing and
dance and perform. She reminds me of me. One of my goals while I am
here is to help her and the other young women be solid in testimony.
#Romcrest ;)

I love you.
Sis. Coleman

How was your Thanksgiving day?
I ate a turkey sandwich from Greggs:) I wished everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. With a European companion and a non American ward we didn't have any dinner invitations. 

Is English a second language for your new companion Sister Katrňáková? 
Yes,  She speaks really well.  She has already graduated university with German and Spanish.

Is this another University town?
No. This is similar to East London.

What is one thing you are glad about this week?
I am glad I have a ducky print onesie that keeps my feet warm at night. : )












Sis Coleman Sis Phillips

Sis. Coleman and Sister Katrňáková 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik