Monday, November 24, 2014

: "It's best to take it at a bit of a run if you're nervous"- Molly Weasley

Hello Youalrigh? I'malrigh youalrigh?
So I'm in England. IM IN ENGLAND. I cant even believe it. Where to start? Airplane?

Journal entry from November 18:
"The sun is rising and I'm getting my first view of England....Either there are no mountains or we are very high up. I hope it is the latter. The clouds below us are so thick it looks like it snowed on the air. I can't even see any land beneath them.
There is no way the sun gets through that. Well I guess I will have to be the sunshine ;) and just enjoy the rain. My Motto for the week as Mrs. Molly Weasley so perfectly put, is: Its best to take it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Now the sun is turning the clouds pink. I feel like I've been swallowed by cotton candy... wow... they're gold now.. Clouds are parting...the land is SO GREEN."

Got off the plane, past customs, and guess what? the airline broke the slidy up handle on my largest suitcase making it nearly impossible to pull along. but My trainer made it happen. She is amazing.. more on her later.

So Basically all through the training meetings I kept falling asleep. I knew I was doing it, so I stood up at the back, but I was still falling asleep and I was worried I was going to fall over. It was a struggle and a haze. Wednesday night I finally met my trainer' Sister Griffith. SHE IS AMAZING. I love her so so much. She hails from the blessed land of Provo, Utah. She plays the violin, piano, organ (Oh I totally can play the organ now. BTW), and she has a lovely singing voice. SHE KNOWS CAROL OF JOY so we came up with a duet version and we are going to sing it in Sacrament meeting. YAY! She teaches by example, guides me around and keeps me from getting lost.


Its a truth universally acknowledged that if a missionary wishes to have her dreams fulfilled of England, she must serve her first transfer in Canterbury. Canterbury, Kent is exactly how I pictured England. There are quaint houses and apartments, with a HUGE old Cathedral, its all green, and our flat looks like it is something out of a Jane Austen or Louisa May Alcott Novel. (pictures to come). I love it. so so much. Town center, where the Cathedral is located, looks like Diagon Alley. I am not exaggerating. it is astounding. I love it.

We have a cute Senior Missionary Couple in our area. Elder and Sister Jones. They are both English and they are making Thanksgiving dinner for us missionaries and some of the YSA on thursday.(We have a lot of YSA because we are right next to Kent University).

We had one teaching appointment on friday that ended with the Man yelling at us, which was very scary, but the Relief Society President was with us so it all turned out all right. On Thursday we got on a bus to go to Whistable and I sat down next to a YSA girl (B) and started talking to her. Ended up giving her a Book of Mormon and she took our phone number. Got off the bus and Sister Griffith asked if I got her phone number. .... uh no. whoops. So I prayed all day that she would call or text us. That evening we were having dinner with two YSAs from our Ward Meg (an american) and Becky (English who can't speak with an american accent to save her life and its hilarious.) we got a text from B telling us that she wanted to meet to know more about mormonism. It was a total Best Two Years moment.. "It's HeR!". On Saturday we met a friend of B's tracting and Im hoping we can bring them both into the church.
Today we had our first lesson with B in a Starbucks. The music was loud, but we testified and taught to our best ability and I think she felt the spirit. She agreed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. She works for the Evangelical church so we shall see how it goes :).

Yesterday, as we were leaving the church a man walked in wanting to know more about God. One lesson later, we committed him to be baptized on December 21. We shall see how the actual lessons and preparing him goes, but I am optimistic! The field is white and ready to harvest even in England. The key to missionary work really is referrals from the Members. knocking on doors is not a very effective way to find people who are ready for the truth.


Heavenly Father loves us. I can feel his love for me. I am so happy. I want to know how all of you are!! Please email me :)

Love, Sister Coleman





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik