Saturday, January 23, 2016

God is good

hallloooooooooooo UTAH! 
hahaha this was a very very happy week. But also a crazy week. 
I feel like my soul is singing the Hallelujah chorus! I just feel so good and so happy. Why?
Well, I went on Exchange and I read a really inspired talk.  We've been working really hard and it has been really fun. I feel happy because I really am doing all that I can. That I am working to the best of my ability. (not my capability, because that shifts) but I am working hard and it feels so good. But it's not forced 'might' labor as I have done before. and it isn't 'might and mind' labor because I have done that too. I finally am working with my whole heart, and might, and mind. And they are balanced. And I am just striving every day to give my whole self to the Lord, to love him and do what he has asked me to do ungrudgingly. To wholeheartedly, willingly, finally surrender. To stop fighting him with what I want to do and just do what he wants me to do because I love him.
Sorry if that doesn't make any sense but it is the root of the change that has occured in my heart and I just feel so good. 
'Moreover I would that ye should remember the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God; for they are blessed in all things both temporal and spiritual. and if they hold out faithful to the end, they are recieved into a state of never-ending happiness, which is paradise.....' -Mosiah 2:41
It is  a TRUE promise.




Okay so now let me share some of my week.
Vanessa Park, the Harpers, Carl Lee, us and the Elders are throwing together a Special musical fireside for February 7th. Its going to be great. Yesterday we picked out the songs and practiced. It was really really fun. I loved it.
We are playing a game on the bus to help us talk to people and it is really working. We are talking and now we are getting numbers, and NOW we are getting return appointments with these people.
We went on a blitz with the Zone leaders on Saturday to find a family to teach. and we did and we did and we DID. It was SO cool! we found a man named P- from Ghana , we found R--from Ghana who use to work across from the Acra Ghana temple, we found P- who is from Nigeria who has read bits of the Book of Mormon, and we found E--.
Well, E-- found us. We got on the bus to go to church, both of us sat down and there was a man standing in the aisle holding to the rod. He looked at my name tag, and then at Sister katrnakovas, mine, then hers.
Then he said, 'Sister Coleman, come up and preach to me.' 
He then went up to the upper deck of the bus.
Sister K and I looked at each other and said, 'lets go!' 
We went upstairs and he said, 'wow, I didn't think you would really come. tell me about your church.'
We taught him about the Book of Mormon and testified of how it is a companion to the Bible. We got his phone number and set up a return appointment.
He said, 'I have so many questions, when can we meet?' 
We are seeing him on Friday with his wife. and he is going to come to church!! What a miracle. :)

The blessings of the Lord are upon us! and N--is getting baptised! not sure if I've told you about her- she is Portuguese, we were teaching her but she moved to Basildon. It was really a miracle that she was able to get a flat there. we were praying for her to have a place to live so her family could come be here with her. The Romford ward and the Basildon ward Relief Societies have been awesome.  Because she moved to Baisldon we stopped teaching her at the end of December and turned her over to the Basildon missionaries. The members are the key to her being where she is today. :)

I love you all! I am praying for you!! 
Love, 
Sister Coleman I
#Godisgood #onwardeveronward #makeeverylastdaycount


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik