Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Kebabtism and Farewell to Romford

Hiya! Yalrigh?
Well its transfers and I am..... Leaving! I am going to Kings Lynne in
Norwich Zone (this is the tippy top of the mission boundary, as far
north as we go) my new companion is Sister Reina who I actually
haven't met so this will be fun:). I am excited. We also may be a
biking area so that should also be an adventure haha:)

I am so sad to leave Romford, I have left my heart with this ward!!!!But
I am excited for a new adventure as well and have had the spirit
confirm to me that it is right :).
I had to say goodbye to Sister Park and her family today. It was so so
hard!!! I need to come back and visit them.

I got kebabtised today. Hahaha they have things called 'kebabs' here
which are Turkish. I have been afraid to eat one because it is this
terrifying meat all compressed on a stick and then frozen and then
heated. But it is a tradition to have one and it really was a miracle
that I have made it this long without having one. Haha. I will send
you a picture :). Carl,Claudette, Amelia, Sister Park, and the elders
all came. It was fun:).

This week was an adventure as usual, on Saturday it just rained and
rained and we didn't have umbrellas ( I wore only a light jacket the
other day the weather has been so warm). So we just got drenched. I
loved it. It was dark and raining and the lamps were lighting up the
wet cobblestones and I just loved it.

I learned a lot about Christlike love this week. We have a friend,
Antoinette who is a member, she is pretty house bound, and we wanted
to bring her to the fireside. I called everyone to give her a lift and
no one could. I even started asking people outside the ward. I was
feeling very upset because I wanted her to come so badly. Finally I
decided to ask the Bishop's wife, (I had been avoiding asking her
because she is also has been ill  and her daughter has the flu and she
always does so much anyways to help. I really tried not to ask her
because I know she already does so so much to help everyone and didn't
want to add to her burden.) so I asked her, and she said yes. I
started to cry because I was so relieved to find Antoinette a lift and
because I knew this wonderful woman would do it even with everything
already she was doing. I told her about how I was reluctant to ask her
because she is sick and how I had asked everyone else and she said to
me,  'I don't want to just waste away at home, when I could be out
helping someone else.'
It really hit home with me what the Saviour taught that when we lose
ourselves in the service of others, we truly find joy despite our own
circumstances. I want to be like sister Ishmael. I want to be someone
that will help and hug and hold and listen and lift despite my own
circumstances. That when I speak to others, I speak for their
edification and not my own gratification. That even in the midst of my
personal trials and challenges, I can be someone who infuses others
with light and hope and love.

We had a good Easter! The Easter fireside went really well after loads
of opposition. I could really feel the spirit which was lovely. We had
an investigator family come as well as a less active friend. It was
great. I sang 'Here is Hope' from the lamb of God and 'Gloria' again.
I really felt the power of the atonement and a new appreciation for
all that the Lord did as I have read the scriptures this week. I love
Easter.

I also studied the plan of salvation and had a beautiful realisation.
That where we go after this life is determined by how we have embraced
the atonement of Christ. Those that enter into the celestial kingdom
are not perfect people who never made mistakes or sinned. The people
in the celestial kingdom are people that are repenters, and covenant
keepers. 'These are they who are just men [and women] made perfect
through Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, who wrought out this
perfect atonement through the shedding of his own blood.'  -d&c 76.
When we believe in Jesus Christ and repent of our mistakes, the
atonement has the power to cleanse us, purify us, and prepare us for
the kingdom of God. All sin must be paid for. We get to chose if it is
paid for by us or by Christ, (although he has already paid it in
full), we chose to suffer the penalty or not.
Isn't that amazing! Oh how I love heavenly fathers plan! It is truly glorious!

As I approach the end of my service here, I want to be diligent. I
want to work hard and love much, and continue in faith. I am so
grateful for the time I have been given and I pray that the Lord will
use me to help his children. I know that as I seek his help and make
changes that he will help me to conquer my weaknesses.

I love you!

Love, sister Coleman l










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik