Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Press forward;He is the Light in the wilderness

Hiya!
This morning after I finished my prayers, Sister Reina reached down
from the top bunk of our bed, smacked me with a pillow and said, 'make
me pancakes! ' hahahahahaha. We made a deal for Spanish omelettes in
exchange for American pancakes. I went and whipped some up and they
were soooo good. :) I love my companion :).

Today for p-day we went to the beach in Hunstanton with a member, Dora
from Slovenia. It was so so fun.  We made a sand temple, the 'Sand iego'
temple ;). And took millions of pictures.

This week we really focused on not worrying and trusting in the Lord.
Letting him lead and guide our efforts. Letting him speak through us.
We felt the spirit very powerfully as we prayed to receive that gift
of being led what to say, do, go and be. We also were blessed to find
two new friends to work with! D- and G-. We also had a miracle
on the bus.

On Friday we had zone training meeting in Norwich which is a 2 hour bus
journey each way plus a half hour walking and another half hour to go
to Wisbech after and another half hour to return. In total we had been
on the bus a little under 6hours on Friday. We were tired and bus
sick. On the way home for the day we were teaching our 'GAP's (each
day we teach 4 2 minute role plays teaching a principle with a
scripture which we call GAPs)
. And the man near us listened and said, excuse me, 'who are you and
what do you do?'
We told him we were teachers for he church of Jesus Christ of Latter
Day Saints and continued to teach him about the restoration. He asked
us some more questions to see if we were really Christians and we felt
the spirit testify powerfully to him of Jesus Christ. He told us that
he felt like his soul had told him to talk to us. He had been stopped
by sister missionaries the other day and he had not listened and been
busy but this time he said he really felt the spirit. We have a return
appointment with him on Saturday! 
How cool is that! You just never know how the Lord has prepared people
to listen. :)

Liza passed her baptismal interview!! Woohoo! So she is all set for Sunday :)

In my Book of Mormon study today I was struck by 1 Nephi 17:13. The
background is Lehis family being commanded not to make fire in the
wilderness. Instead the Lord says:
'13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will
prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my
commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye
shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is
by me that ye are led.'

This is so beautiful. The Lord is teaching us that sometimes we can't
go about things the way we initially want to. I'm sure Lehi and nephi
thought it would be much easier to just make fire and cook their food
and have light. But the Lord had a better plan. A plan to teach them
how to trust him fully. To remember and rely on Him to bring them
safely home. We also have to trust more in the lords plan then in 'our
plan'. As we keep his commandments and trust him, he will 'prepare the
way' before us. He will be the light in our darkness. He will lead us
to the fulfilment of ALL his promises.
Trust in the Lord. Keep his commandments. Trust in good things ahead.
The Lord fulfills all his promises to us.

I love the youth theme this year to 'press forward'. Many times when
it is raining and I'm striving to maintain a good attitude while being
rejected I sing:
1. Press forward, Saints, with steadfast faith in Christ
With hope’s bright flame alight in heart and mind
With love of God and love of all mankind.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
2. Press forward, feasting on the word of Christ
Receive his name, rejoicing in his might
Come unto God; find everlasting light.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
3. Press on, enduring in the ways of Christ
His love proclaim thru days of mortal strife
Thus saith our God: “Ye have eternal life!”
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

This has particularly helped me as I contemplate returning home and
the changes that are going to happen in my life. I have to remember
that Heavenly Father's plan is all about us pressing forward. It's all
about taking the next step, being patient with others and ourselves,
loving others and ourselves and God, and continuing in faith. We can
do all things with his help. Let us not fear to 'press forward'.
Press forward with hope
Press forward with faith

'1 Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be
comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
2 Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into
the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and
testament--the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
3 Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable
covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you
have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my
name’s glory, saith the Lord.'- D&C 98:1-3

I love you all!
Love, sister Coleman I ( Sis. Coleman the first ) 

Sister Reina and Sister Coleman 





Sister Reina




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik