Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Tribute to Faggs aka Maraget Hadden

"Pudding"
Hiya!

Last p-day we had lunch at the 'Slug n' lettuce'  with Linda our lovely member friend with 7 cats (wait she might have 8 now). anyways she is just the loveliest person alive. She is really ill. She is in remission from breast cancer last year but her spinal column is failing (part of it has already been fused) but her disks keep bursting. She is having a rough time. Its very painful for her to move around so it was a big deal that she took us out to lunch. (I ordered Mexican pasta shells ...soooo good.) She also gave us the cutest little stuffed animal owls. I named mine Chester after 'colChester'. It was so thoughtful of her. 

I found out this week that my friend Faggs from Canterbury died the last week of April. She was so lovely and so clever. She loved us so much and I loved her with my whole heart. I loved going to see her. She would always say , 'Oh crumbs!' whenever something went wrong. I still have the loveliest red scarf and warm warm socks from her because she was so worried about us getting cold. She always had chocolate for us. We pulled christmas crackers so many times and raced little penguins across her floor. As a district we bought her a little stuffed penguin for Christmas because she loves penguins. When she opened it, she thought it was an owl and named him 'owl' then when we told her it was a penguin she laughed so hard, but the name stuck. Owl the penguin. Going to see her was always such a blessing for me as a new missionary. I knew i was 'safe' going to see her. She was always cheerful and happy even though she dealt with so much pain. 
I know that the power of the temple is real. I know that Heavenly Father really has a plan. It is a plan of happiness that allows each of us to learn, grow, and then return to dwell with him. Part of that plan is death. We will all return to be with Him again. Alma taught, 'Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
 12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.'
She is happy. She is healed. She has two legs that work. I feel so privileged to have been a part of her mortal journey, because I know she really affected mine.  

Miracle:  We met this really cool Sixth-Form student on the bus and had a return appointment with her on Friday. She came, and brought a friend, AND gave us the number of her other friend who was looking to join a christian church. It was amazing. It was such a tender mercy because we had bashed with a man earlier that day and were trying really hard not to feel down. But there is opposition in all things. If one thing goes wrong, there is bound to be a miracle around the corner. Satan works his hardest when we are on the cusp of big spiritual moments. like Joseph Smith. And the first missionaries in England. (cool story look it up).  

We had our last Zone conference with President Jordan this week. It was so good. I learned so much. We sang. they showed the 'Glorious' video we made. 
I was asked to give a 1 minute message of how to creatively introduce the Book of Mormon with the Ipad. So I took a selfie. With President. hahahahaha it was epic. Sister Jordan gave a fantastic training on opposition and the first missionaries in England how they were majorly attacked by the devil the night before they had their first baptism. But they persevered. the prayed and supplicated at the throne of our Heavenly Father and they overcame. Sister Jordan gave each of us a pebble from the 'River Ribble' , where those first baptisms in the British Isles took place.
I will persevere! I will declare his name! I will strive to be an instrument in the hands of the Master who is preparing this place and these people to hear and accept His word. 

I love you all! I had such a wonderful week! Thank you for the prayers! 
love, 
Sister Coleman

Sis. Coleman giving iPad training and taking a 'selfie' with Pres. Jordan as part of the lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik