Monday, May 18, 2015

Beautiful Feet

Hi Daddy, 

I also loved the President Benson lesson this week. I love where he said 'While the Bible helped me know about what Jesus did for people in the holy land, the book of mormon gave me a deeper understanding of what he has done for me. 
I have finally overcome my fear. I was on my exchange and I could not believe how easily Sister Cummings had 'step ins'. It was so natural. I want to become like that. I realised the only way I would, was if I practised. So I decided that I would practise all the time. I would choose to no longer be afraid. 2 Nephi 8 really helped me. For some reason when I read it, the spirit burned within me more than ever before, helping me to know that the message was for me. 
That he was saying to me, 'I am He; yea, I am He that comforteth you. Behold, who art thou, that thou shouldst be afraid of man, who shall die, and of the son of man, who shall be made like unto grass?.... And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth, and hast feared continually every day, because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? And where is the fury of the oppressor?.....  But I am the Lord thy God, whose waves roared; the Lord of Hosts is my name. And I have put my words in thy mouth, and have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion: Behold, thou art my people.Awake, awake, put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. Shake thyself from the dust; arise, sit down, O Jerusalem; loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion..' 
I will no longer allow myself to be tied down by fear. I will no longer yield my heart to the adversary who wants me to shut my mouth. I am no longer captive to fear. 
I decided on Saturday morning that Thursday was my last day being afraid on my mission. And that's how it has been. I have stopped so many people and invited them to learn. I have felt like a real missionary. I don't feel passive about the work anymore. I am so excited about it! I am not perfect at continuing conversations and at effectively teaching, testifying and inviting on the streets, but I am getting better. 
I am so happy to be a missionary. To have this time to serve my Lord, my God. I only wish I was better at it so I could see the fruits of my desires.
We want to be led to those that are prepared. 
I love you!


Hiya! 
So apparently this week was when all of you decided to send me pictures of crazy things and tell me stories of bugs and snakes! haha! I have been laughing so hard. 
The sun has been shining so bright!.... Every other day! It usually rains and then shines. Today it is raining.
This week has been revolutionary! haha! 
Craziness:
I got pooped on. By a bird. Two days in a row. 
This is my worst nightmare. But it was pretty funny. Apparently it is good luck. haha :) but seriously it was sooo funny. 






We have this Mum whose children are investigating (P and J ) she is on her own and getting them to church has been hard. She doesn't have a car and she has 5 boys. The bus for church leaves town at 9:38 but that is a good 20 minute fast walk without little kids. She doesn't have any booster seats so none of the members can get them a lift (we have been looking for booster seats for ages). For this sunday we decided that Sister Wai and I would walk to their house at 8:45 to help get everyone ready and then hike to the bus stop. While we were planning the GREATEST people EVER, Ed and Lucy (Ed was in the same mission as Benji) came up with a plan with two cars and two booster seats that they drove around town and gathered. (there aren't enough seats in one car for all of them.)
So, Sister Wai and I got to their house Sunday morning and they were all asleep. We proceeded to start finding trousers, shirts, socks and shoes for everyone while Dave ran around making toast for all the boys.  The cars showed up and we took all these boys to church. The youngest two sat in between Sister Wai and I on the front row (I knew Daddy would be proud of that front row). We kept them entertained with doodling. It was such a miracle that they came to church. We also had a miracle of a former Friend coming to church! We are going to teach her on Friday!!!
yay! 

I had an exchange in Ipswich with Sister Cummings. It. Was. Amazing. I learned so much. 
The members we had dinner with (the Baxters) fed us TACOS! WITH guacamole! I love mexican food! Their family was so fantastic. (Bethany, Jack, Poppy, Brooke, Jude, and Rose). We played a game as part of our spiritual lesson called 'the pound-£ game'. I was not good at it but it was SO fun. After the lesson we shared, this sweet family surprised us with pedicures. They washed and rubbed our gross tracting, walking, missionary feet. I was speechless. There are not words for how loved I felt by this family who had just barely met me. It was very humbling.
It just makes me think of when the Saviour washed his disciples feet. Their feet must have been so nasty! They wore sandels and walked on dusty roads their feet were probably stinky and muddy and calloused. Yet the Saviour washed each one with love and care. 
It made me want to work even harder. I can think of no greater honor than to be a messanger to others of how much the Saviour loves them. Isaiah said, 'Oh how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who publisheth peace.' 
I want to have beautiful feet. Feet of a missionary who teaches people of the joy of the gospel.  So many people have no idea of who they really are. Of how loved they are. Of how much their Father wants them to return. They just need an example to follow. An invitation. We make such a HUGE difference in others lives by being examples of how faith in God helps us. Don't be afraid to tell them that :)
Abinadi Said: Mosiah 15:15-22
'And these are they who have published peace, who have brought good tidings of good, who have published salvation; and said unto Zion: Thy God reigneth! 15 And O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet!
16 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!
17 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those who shall hereafter publish peace, yea, from this time henceforth and forever!
18 And behold, I say unto you, this is not all. For O how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that is the founder of peace, yea, even the Lord, who has redeemed his people; yea, him who has granted salvation unto his people;
19 For were it not for the redemption which he hath made for his people, which was prepared from the foundation of the world, I say unto you, were it not for this, all mankind must have perished.
20 But behold, the bands of death shall be broken, and the Son reigneth, and hath power over the dead; therefore, he bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead.
21 And there cometh a resurrection, even a first resurrection; yea, even a resurrection of those that have been, and who are, and who shall be, even until the resurrection of Christ—for so shall he be called.
22 And now, the resurrection of all the prophets, and all those that have believed in their words, or all those that have kept the commandments of God, shall come forth in the first resurrection; therefore, they are the first resurrection.
23 They are raised to dwell with God who has redeemed them; thus they have eternal life through Christ, who has broken the bands of death.'

He lives. He has saved us. We just need to let him help us and help others. I love you all!
love, Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik