Monday, May 11, 2015

It's all about 'becoming', Innit?!!

Hiya! 
 
This was a strange week! It started out wonderfully with many miracles of investigators progressing who hadn't been, and finished slightly off with some investigators dropping off date. We had a couple days where appointment after appointment fell through. It was a good learning experience. I am understanding more and more that this life really is all about 'Becoming' like the Saviour. That means there HAS to be refining processes. 'Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine'-Hymn 85. Because I am understanding this more and more, those refining hours have become easier to bear. I am able to step outside of the situation and think ,'How is this helping me become like the Saviour?'. For some reason being able to know why it is happening makes it easier. 
 
I loved Skyping on Mother's Day! So SO great! 
 
I have had several members of the ward tell me recently that I look like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Needless to say, that made me very very happy. :) 
 
Prayer is a real thing. It works. Heavenly Father hears. He responds. That amazes me. I know He lives and loves us. 
 
Sister Wai and I baked 4 batches of cookies this week. chocolate cake mix cookies, strawberry cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. (I still need a no-bake recipe). We gave them to elders and members and less actives and potential investigators. I only ate a handful ;). 
 
Sister Wai and I love to sing together. We sing ALL day long! our favourites are: Come thou Fount, then 'Whenever I feel afraid I whistle' the  song from King and I, and Nearer my God to thee. Sometimes I catch myself whistling 'apostate'( JK ) songs like 'Bless Her Beautiful Hide' from 7 brides for 7 brothers.  (awkward). I'm working on that. ; )
 
We had a cool finding moment this week when we walked past a family and were SO mad at ouselves for not stopping them and talking to them. But, we decided it wasn't too late and we ran up the hill after them and asked for directions. They helped us out and then asked us who we were/what were we doing because they wanted to know why we were dressed so nicely and modestly. (Most of the girls in Essex dress like they are on the beach, or it is all skin tight).  We were able to talk to them about the church and teach them about when Heavenly Father called Joseph Smith to be a prophet. We have an appointment later this week! :)  lesson learned: ALWAYS be modest. people notice. 
 
Miracle: I found an amazing burrito at KFC.  ( Craving Mexican Food )
 
Miracle:
One of our 'investigators' (I will now be calling them Friends with a capital 'F'). Didn't want us to teach her the gospel. But as we continued to stop by and share teeny tiny gospel truths, she noticed she felt better when we came to see her. This week we went to see her and a miracle occured where she said we could teach her the gospel!! It was amazing. 
 
The Ward here is fantastic. They really love us and support us. I am so so grateful.
 
I love you all!!! 
 
love, Sister Coleman

Sis. Wai and Sis. Coleman 
Colchester Essex England
IPads


Colchester Zone 

Mother's Day Skype 
Nate talking to Sis. Coleman 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik