Sunday, February 1, 2015

Family History I am doing it.

Hiya!! 
This week I got rained on :). But Heavenly Father blesses us when it rains:) 
Last week I pulled up the tiles of someones kitchen. It was a lot of work, but it was funny at the same time. Just us sisters pulling up tile. haha :)
I have learned how to make Cottage Pie (cottage pie is shepherds pie in the U.S. with beef. Shepherds pie has lamb). But it was REALLY good. It was an adventure. :)
 
last p-day we went to Herne bay to see the ocean. It was dandy! haha. The elders think my camera is really cool (hence the picture of them staring in awe) ;)
 
Im already having ideas and plans for Oakcrest when I get home haha. 
 
Sister Andersen and I had so many cool experiences this week.  
1. We taught the first lesson to a new investigator named B. The spirit was SO strong as we testified. I know that Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God. 
2. The Zone Leaders challenged us to a 'duel' the other night to see who could find a new investigator first. We won :). We found a lovely girl named J who we are meeting again this coming week. We called them up and they said, 'well double or nothing!' and we said okie dokie! So then we found another investigator named P. HAHA! Victory! :) 
3. As we were planning for our week we really needed inspiration for which lessons we should teach a certain investigator. We prayed individually and together, and then just pondered. As we continued to plan, Sister Andersen and I would think of the same thing at the same time of what we should teach. Heavenly Father poured the Holy Ghost upon us and the result was 3 lessons we could teach this investigator that will help him overcome a trial. Heavenly Father cares about each of us, and will be able to help us when we seek him out. He answers our prayers. 
 
Oh, one thing I am working on is my 'My Family' Booklet. I need stories of Grand-Daddy and Grandma Coleman and their parents, Grandma and Grandpa Tippets, and their parents. If you have any pictures of them I would LOVE them! (cough cough Noel Maxfield) :). I also need a picture of Mommy and Daddy to put in the book. Also I need a list of Daddy's siblings and their birthdays :). 
Family History is a great finding tool. I can ask people, "do you know where your ancestors are from? do you want to find out? we have free workshops at our family history center..' and I can show them my book. Its in progress :) I also discovered that most of my ancestors come from Germany, with only a few lines that are from England, (I thought it was the other way around). Also don't I have american Indian ancestors? What are their names? The farthest back I could go on the actual 'coleman' name was a Captain John Coleman who was from the American Colonies. Does anyone know where he was from?  I love familysearch.com :)
 
I taught Primary yesterday. It was all about how Heavenly Father and Jesus love us. and they do! What a blessing to know that the creator of the whole universe cares about each of us. :)
 
My theme for the transfer is the story of the woman with the issue of blood, who had the faith to be healed by just touching Jesus's clothing. When she touched Him, He knew someone had touched him. He went to her and said to her, 'Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' -Matthew 9:22. I know that He can heal us. I know that He knows when we are seeking him. He is real. and He loves us. The best way we can reach him is through prayer, scripture study and church attendance!
The Church is True! The Book of Mormon is True! Joseph Smith was a Prophet! Jesus Christ Lives! 
I love you all! 
love sister Coleman
 
p.s. how is the puppy? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik