Sunday, February 1, 2015

Snow, Bad pick up lines and a cute french midwife.

Hiya!! Yalrigh?
This week is snowed!! ! It was only for about 10 minutes and it didn't stick, but it was BEAUTIFUL! ahh I loved it! 
 
Yesterday, a girl the elders have been teaching got baptised, and that morning they asked us to sing at the baptism! So we had to run over to the church and pull together a musical number. It all worked out through prayer and practising a million times. It wasn't perfect but the spirit was still there. whew! I sang ,"Make me Whole" from the 'Lamb of God' by Rob Gardner. Which I just love. It goes with my theme this transfer of the woman with the issue of blood. When we have faith, and we ACT on our faith, He will make us whole. 
 
We met this cute little old French Lady named Colette on the street. She is a retired MIDWIFE! She had so many cool stories of being a nurse/midwife in the 40s and 50s (I was totally imaging the show Call the Midwife the whole time). She is so cute and has such a cute french accent! She and her sister are 19 months apart! Her sister is in January and she is in June. She was absolutely delighted when I told her that Emily and I are also 19 months apart in February and July! She told me that we are bonded now because of this haha. 
 
Funny Story:
We  were walking down the street the other day when this university student approached us and siad, 'excuse me can you help me?' 
us: 'uhhhhhh what do you need help with?'
crazy guy: 'Well I tried christiansingles.com and muslimsingles.com and I just can't get a girlfriend, so will you two be my girlfriend?'
(at this point we are trying not to bust up laughing)
us: uhh no.
Then this single guy turns to sister Andersen and says:" you look like a nerd, I'm a nerd too, do you like romantic comedies?"
(we are trying to keep it together)
us: uhhhhhhh no. (then we proceed to explain that we are missionaries, but he still tries to get our number and then we said goodbye and walked away.)
sooooooooooo funny. 
 
Miracle:
This week we taught our investigator G about the Holy Ghost, how he can guide us and testify to us. While we taught, the Holy Ghost burned in our hearts. I testified to G that Heavenly Father really loves him. G wanted to know how I knew, and I was able to explain about promptings from the spirit. He then asked other times I had recieved promptings regarding him, and he was able to tell us that the time I had called him, when we had taught a specific lesson, had been exactly what he needed. He then shared with us an experience he had on Tuesday. 
On Tuesday, we taught G about eternal marriage and talked about some of the temptations he is having. We asked him if he would like a priesthood blessing. He was really nervous about it, but we explained what would happen and he agreed. Elder Mongelli came in and gave him a beautiful blessing of comfort and guidance. Us missionaries left, and then G decided to pray, he really spoke to Heavenly Father about what he was worried about, and stuggling with. Just as he finished his prayer, his mom called him (not usual) and spoke to him the words he needed to hear. 

I know that God lives. I know that the power of God, the authority of his priesthood, has been restoted to the earth. It is real. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. If we will have patience and wait for his timing, as we continually work to do what he has asked us to do (keep his commandments, pray, read our scriptures, come to church), HE. WILL. ANSWER. It is all a matter of our hearts being prepared to hear, and trusting God to answer at the time He knows it will help us most. 
 
This week I went on an exchange to the London North area. It was so posh. And so diverse! I only talked to one English person! 
 
Answers to Mum's Questions:
 How many wards or branches are in your zone?  In my area there is one ward which covers 3 cities. The stake boundries covers about 7 wards all about the same size. 
 Do you attend the same ward every Sunday? Yep! Canterbury ward!! woot woot! 
 What else do you do on Sundays?  Sunday is a working day, so after church we have appointments or tract, or whatever else we plan
Are you wiping your boots down with that boot thingy I sent?  YES! its great :)
Sister Andersen and I have so much fun together. I love working with her. She is so obedient and really inspires me to be more obedient. 
I love you all! I love your letters! The letter from Bethany about robotic births made me laugh so hard!!( Bethany is on a rotation in nursing school for labor and delivery )    I love you! 
 
Love, Sister Coleman

1 comment:

  1. Are you wiping your boots down with that boot thingy I sent? YES! its great :)i really loved this line.thanks a lot sister coleman.Bad pick up lines and a cute french midwife.All Pick Up Lines!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik