Monday, February 23, 2015

Food and Stars



Hiya! Yalrigh?

Today I got a wonderful surprise! I got a letter from Aunt Lorene and Uncle Lamont with my family history! ! ! Thank you so so so much! I am so stoked to put all the info into my family booklet! :)
 
Remember the person we found from singing to her? K? Well we saw her again this week. I just love her so much. Their family is so similar to ours. The parents bedroom is the living room. We just go up there and sit on the end of her bed and chat.. I love seeing her. Her niece Chloe (ironic innit?) visited with us too. She is 16 years old and for reals she and Emily could be twins. But, I can't decide if they would be best friends or if they would kill each other. :) anyways they are so great. 
 
We had Sunday dinner last night with a family from India and Sri Lanka. IT WAS SO GOOD. I love my life. I told Sister Mahaffey the other day that my favourite word was food ... besides the word 'true'. I seem to use them most often. :) I also spent Chinese new year with a recent convert from China. I wish I remembered chinese! ugh. regrets. 
 
I just love Sister Mahaffey so much. On Saturday, we were having a hard day. We had been mocked and rejected earlier in the evening by a man who tried to tell us there is no God, and it was cold and we kept knocking on doors without any people willing to listen. We were on our way to see a less active member.  And there werent any clouds in the sky. We could see all of the stars, and the moon was shining so brightly. We decided to lay down on the pavement (this was around 8 o'clock pm) and look at the sky. It was stunning. I couldn't help but sing , "I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy power throu'out the universe displayed. then sings my soul my Saviour, God to thee. How Great Thou art, How Great Thou Art! Then sings my Soul! My Saviour God to thee, How Great Thou Art! How Great, Thou, Art." 
 
I know that there is a God. I know that He Lives. He really does. and He loves us. He sent His Son to die for us, so that we could live again. In Him I find hope. In Him I find Joy. I have been called by a prophet of God to preach His gospel. And I will not forsake Him even when the powers of hell strive to shake me and my testimony. He lives. He is not just a story, He is not just a hope. He is a real Being who cares about you and me.  

"33 Fear not to do good, my sons [and daughters] , for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen."
-D&C 6:36
This is the truth. Truth will always Prevail.
Love, Sister Coleman
Sister Andersen with G and J:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik