Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A doppleganger of Andrew and miracles on the Bus

hiya! ya alrigh?
 This week we worked hard, we saw some miracles, we helped some less active members, but we didn't find anyone new to teach. We did LOADS of finding. I need to get better at my bus finding again and also be more bold to people. but, that is just how it is :)
Fun fact: Elder Holland and Elder Cook served as companions in the ROMFORD ward! I literally am walking where they walked and labouring where they laboured. That is really cool. There also was a lady who spoke in Sacrament yesterday (her husband is Elder Herbertson of the Seventy) who served her mission in Romford 30 years ago. I bet that was so strange. It made me think, 'where will I be in 30 years?' Maybe I will be giving a talk in Romford chapel :)
We visited a lot of members this week which I really enjoyed. Yesterday we wanted to try something new, so we went to Brentwood which is a village on the border of our area and contacted some old potential Investigators and some less actives. We had a good time, I met the English version of Andrew. it was really strange his name was Jonathan and I told him at the end of our conversation, 'you really remind me of my brother' haha. I don't think he thought I was too strange. He actually has worked in Salt Lake City and Provo for a company there. he has read the Book of Mormon and he thought it was interesting but he isnt looking to change religions at this point. He sings tenor in a Catholic cathedral and in a Lutheran church in London as well. He was carrying home a new suit he had bought and they cadence of his speech and they way he carried himself and his beard and hair all looked like Andrew haha. So Andrew has an English twin! 
It was fun to be in Brentwood and to be somewhere new. It was gorgeous there (more rural than Romford) and We were able to meet with one of the members who I adore, Margo Taylor, who we don't usually see because she lives so far away :).
On to miracles:
We had a blitz with the Zone Leaders, Elder Jensen and Elder Silva. Elder Silva is from Brazil. We were tracting with them and really NO ONE was home. we only had 5 people answer between the 2 companionships haha. But as we were walking there was a lady walking her dog. Sister K and I started talking to her and found out she was from Brazil! So we called Elder Silva over and he was able to talk with her in Porteguese. She is looking for a church right now, and we got her phone number to set up an appointment in May when her parents go back to Brazil :) but we will probably try next week to schedule with her. It was a miracle that we met her when Elder Silva was there with us.
Another Miracle: Yesterday before we left for church, we said a prayer that we would find someone on the bus to invite to church. Now, the bus ride to the church is only 8 or so stops and on a Sunday. There isn't any traffic so its only about 5 minutes, which means we have to be quick in our invitations. Anyways, we got on the bus and the man I sat next to was on his ipad, so I thought ok maybe not him. and I turned to the man across the aisle to me. And there is a feeling that I get when I am suppose to talk to someone. Its kind of an uncomfortable feeling that doesn't go away until I talk to them, and I had this feeling with this man.
So I started talking to him. Asking him about his day and where he was going. He said he was going home to sleep because he had been out all night. I told him that I was going to church and then asked him, 'Are you going to church?'
He said, 'yes, with you.' 
Me, 'okay!!!' 
hahaha  Then I told him which church we were going to and introduced him to a member on the bus with us. He came with us and we gave him a chapel tour. He couldn't stay long, but we were able to show him the whole building and get his phone number. He lives in a different Ward boundary but it was still a miracle! We are hoping to teach him this week with the elders in Grays to pass him over to them. What a miracle! God answers prayers! and it was so prompt as well! it was amazing.
Well I love you all!
God Bless! 
love,
Sister Coleman





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik