Thursday, July 2, 2015

Apostles, Ships and Angels

This week I met Elder Holland. 
He came to speak to all the missionaries in the England London South and England London missions at the Hyde Park Chapel. 
Just before the meeting started, President Jordan asked me if I would conduct the music... oh boy.  Sister Pan (saying the prayer) and I went up to sit on the stand. We were so nervous! I was just praying that I wouldn't mess up. And then we saw him in the hallway talking to Sister Jordan. As he entered the chapel, Sister Pan and I were among the first to stand. He walked up to the front and shook our hands. Then he went down to the front with Elder Texiera and President Kearin and proceeded to shake 500 missionaries hands. Sister Pan and I actually got to shake his hand twice. Later in the meeting he said that handshake was our Apostolic missionary interview. 
 
He was so fantastic. He is an apostle of Jesus Christ just like Peter, James, and John. He is a servant of God. 
 
I read through the June Ensign yesterday for studies and I loved the talk about a ship. There was a painting of a ship in a harbour with the sails tied to the mast, the caption said: 'A ship is safe in a harbour, but that's not what it was made for.'  It reminded me of the 'Ivory Tower' lesson I have been learning since leaving home for university. Heavenly Father never intended us to live life being afraid. He never intended us to grow up in our parents homes and never leave. Thats why he sent us to earth! To get us out of his 'house' so we could have the learning experiences we need in order to grow. This is our adventure. There will be storms and hurricanes, but there will also be tranquil waters. there will be times when the wind does not blow and we seem to just drift. But it is all a part of the personalised journey Heavenly Father has laid out for each of us to become our best selves. Men and Women that are like Him. I am so grateful for the voyage I have already had, and for the adventures that are to come. Particularly this one that I am having in this land where the speak in accents, and the rain pours, and the sun shines, and I trip over cobblestones :).
 
We went to Young Women's this week. They had a bonfire. I burned a hole in my favourite skirt. 
BUT! Our investigator Nix came with her daughter! that is such a HUGE miracle!
 
We went to a ward barbeque with Ellie and Ovi. they loved it. They are progressing so well. please pray for them.  
 
P
Sis. Coleman on the stand far left.
isnt ready to be baptised yet. We are going to try again. Reteaching everything with his mom there. 
 
I love the Relief Society President so so so much. Her name is Nicole Watling. She is one of the angels in my life. 
 
Sister Chou is awesome! She is from Taiwan, been on her mission for 6 months. She is such a great missionary. I am so so so excited to work with her. She is teaching me chinese. The church is true! The book is blue! I love Colchester! 
 
Thank you So much Aunt Lorene for that letter!! Thank you for your history! I could feel the Holy Ghost testify as I read it that this is Jesus Christ's church! He leads and directs us today through a living prophet and apostles. 
 
I love you all! 
love, 
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik