Thursday, July 2, 2015

Baby steps, Disney and crepes

Hiya!! 
Well transfers are around again and I am....... Staying! In Colchester! My new companion is Sister Chou. Sister Wai and I are sad to be saying goodbye. We really have helped each other to change so much. We are different people today than we were back in March. After each transfer I think, 'okay, NOW I know how to be a missionary.' and I get so excited to go to work. And each transfer I learn more than I ever thought. But I keep getting better, and I am learning so much about who I really am and who I want to be. It's a good thing :). 

We had a crazy week. It was so fun. Riccardo accepted a baptismal date!!! Thank you for your prayers! We could FEEL them. That was the smoothest lesson I have ever been a participant in. Heavenly Father directed us. 

Church this week was so stressful. We had to get our Friends to Ipswich by car with anyone who could take them. We had people say they were coming and then cancel and then decide they WERE coming and we had to find lifts for them... Super stressed. But we got them there, and some didn't come, and it was a pretty noisy meeting, but when Elder Holland spoke, as well as the other speakers, the Holy Ghost testified. So many things were said and were unsaid that instructed me and lifted me. He is an apostle of Jesus Christ. He is a servant of God. 

Funny Story: 
It was a VERY windy day and we were sitting at a bus stop when a man on a bike rode past singing, 'I need a back-wind, I NEED a back wind!'. It was funny. We laughed so hard. :) 

We keep buying crepes from Riccardo. We have seen him almost 5 times this week. He is awesome. 

Phoenix is on date for next friday night. He has asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost and also to sing. The other day he said, 'Have you seen disney movies?' 
us, 'Ya?'
Phoenix: 'You sing like that.' 
.........................made my whole life. 

One of our investigators, we have had to take the tiny-tiniest baby steps with. Her name is Nix. Sister Mahaffey and I found her AGES ago. But we have kept seeing her (we thought about dropping her once but then we ran into her a couple times and we got the message Heavenly Father was sending us). It has been 4.5 months since we first met her. And yesterday we were able to give her a Book of Mormon and she's going to read it. It is a miracle. Heavenly Father has his own timetable. :)

We met two girls the other day who were so surprised by our standards.( They were 18 and smoking and one had a child). They were so shocked at the way we live (Ex. Law of Chastity, Word of Wisdom). They wanted to know if we had ever made a mistake. As I thought about how to respond, my initial reaction was 'Of course I have. I have made millions of mistakes. everyday.' But as I thought about it, I couldn't think of an example I could give them. I could think of how I have changed and I could think of lessons I have learned but I couldn't remember an example.
 Repentance is real. Heavenly Father has promised us that when we repent (have a change of heart and mind), we are made clean. We are forgiven. He says to us, 'Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:thougyour sins be as scarlet, theshall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimsonthey shall be as wool. (Isaiah 1:18) We can be made clean every time. And more than that, He promises to not hold our mistakes against us. He says, 'Behold, he who has repented of his sinsthe same is forgivenand I, the Lord, remember them no more.' (d&c 58:42) He remembers them no more, and we don' t have to hold on to them either. 
I make mistakes and sin everyday. But I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ I can be forgiven. I can start over. I can 'remember them no more.'  This is what the church of Jesus Christ is all about. turning guilt into peace, sorrow into joy, and trying again when we do mess up. I am forever grateful for my Grandparents for their choices to listen to the missionaries. I am forever grateful for their courage to embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ whole heartedly. If they hadn't I wouldn't be here today. Sitting at a computer in England. Wearing a skirt and a name tag that identifies me as someone who believes in Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I have received witness after witness that there is a God above who loves us. Who wants to be a part of our lives and who sent His son to atone for us so that we can be clean.

I love you all! 
Love, 
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik